Tauer Semi-Custom Design Package Terms and Conditions
Built Prefab Semi-Custom Design Package Terms and Conditions
Thank you for considering Built Prefab Corporation as your design partner. The total fee for this semi-custom design is $10,000.00 plus applicable taxes, and payment is due upon acceptance of this agreement. This agreement assumes three design iterations, and any additional iterations at your request will be charged at a minimum change charge of $500, or $125 per hour, whichever is greater. All dollar values are in CAD unless otherwise stated.
Client Name: Andy Tauer
Property Address: 3402 Julcrest Rd, Yucca Valley, CA 92284, USA
Our standard design package includes three phases of work:
- Choice of Plan and Scope of Redesign
The starting point for your plan design is the design attached below.
- Project Code and Site Feasibility Analysis
During the design process, Built Prefab will investigate applicable building codes and municipal restrictions that may impact the design and construction of your home. Our team will also investigate site conditions to identify any conditions that may affect the project. The deliverables for this phase will include a Smartsheet where all of the information will be stored, and any site or code requirements will be incorporated into the building plans.
- Conceptual Design and Estimate
Once the site feasibility analysis is complete, we will immediately begin the design process with you. The deliverables for this phase will include a custom floorplan, 3D interior and exterior elevations, a preliminary site plan, a preliminary project budget (+/-10%), and high-resolution images.
We plan on modifying the plan as follows:
- Utilizing the proposed modified floorplan at the end of this document.
- There is no need for a second bedroom. I propose a layout where the main entry door is to the East. The Appliance Room is moved to the east -north side, too thus overall a larger living room is created.
- By optionally adding a separate door to the appliance room there is a corridor created which allows for the optional placement of a wardrobe.
- The bathroom, kitchen, bedroom 1 are untouched.
- No window on the north side, but the most simple carport on the north side. Zoning demands a carport structure or garage for 2 cars. This can be done with a subcontractor, too. 4 pillars, one roof, large enough for 2 cars.
- I think such a layout would make a wonderful little house, compliant with zoning (>725 sqft, > 20 feet on each side, gravel driveway allowed, parking structure for 2 cars) with nicely separated relatively large living/dining area , separated from the rest, with a spacious entry area and all of it probably within my budget.
SCOPE OF AGREEMENT
We will work hard to produce a design package that includes the deliverables described above. However, any potential fees not included in the above phases and payable by you will be incorporated into a further production or site agreement. This may include, among others:
- permitting submission project management time,
- land titles or other registry searches,
- foundation and structural engineering,
- permit fees,
- energy advisor fees,
- city development cost charges,
- utilities and services charges,
- geotechnical engineering, and
- site survey.
This agreement also contemplates that you can directly apply for a building permit for this project. In the event there are any additional requirements of the municipality to obtain a permit such as a development permit or rezoning or submissions to strata’s or similar bodies, work completed by Built Prefab in that regard will be billed at a rate of $125 per hour. Any expenses incurred by Built Prefab on your behalf shall be billed at a rate of actual cost incurred plus 15%.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. In the event of any dispute, the parties agree to attorn to the jurisdiction of the court of the Province of British Columbia.
Thank you for choosing Built Prefab Corporation as your design partner. We are excited to work with you on your design.